Water Filtration Near You
- Water tastes bad
- Discolored water
- Particles in water
- Sediment in water
- Water smells like chlorine
- Limescale buildup on faucets, appliances, or dishes
Water Filtration Services
As a local Florida business, we can understand the necessity of safe drinking water. Water filtration with Major League Plumbing can guarantee safe drinking and cleaning water for you and your family. MLP has over twenty years of experience, a team of professionally licensed plumbers, and a wide variety of plumbing services to keep your home in tip-top shape. With MLP, you won’t have to worry about whether or not your water is safe to drink or use. Some of the water filtration services that we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Residential water filtration
- Commercial water filtration
- Water testing services
- Water filtration system installation
- Water filtration system repair
- Water filtration system replacement
- Maintenance and filter replacement
Types of Water Filtration Systems
Plumbers can install a wide variety of different filtration systems. Every scenario is unique, so some filtration types may better suit your needs compared to others. Major League plumbing professionals can help you decide which filtration type is best for you. Some of the different types of water filtration systems include:
- Whole-House Water Filters: These systems are installed at the main water entry point of a home to filter all water before it reaches any faucets, showers, or appliances. They are effective at removing sediments, chlorine, and larger particles.
- Under-Sink Water Filters: Plumbers can install under-sink filters to provide clean and filtered water for drinking and cooking purposes. These filters often use carbon filtration or other technologies to remove contaminants.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems: RO systems use a semipermeable membrane to remove a wide range of contaminants, including dissolved minerals, heavy metals, and other impurities. Plumbers install these systems under sinks or in basements.
- UV Water Purification Systems: UV systems use ultraviolet light to disinfect water by inactivating microorganisms. Plumbers can install UV systems at various points in the plumbing to ensure water is free from harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Water Softeners: Plumbers install water softeners to address hard water issues caused by excess calcium and magnesium ions. These systems use ion-exchange technology to replace these minerals with sodium or potassium ions.
- Shower Head Filters: These filters are installed on shower heads to remove chlorine, sediments, and other impurities from bathing water, improving skin and hair health.
- Faucet-Mounted Filters: Plumbers can install filters directly onto faucets for easy access to filtered water for drinking and cooking.
- Countertop Filtration Systems: These systems sit on the countertop and are connected to the faucet. They provide filtered water for cooking and drinking without the need for extensive installation.
- Dual Filtration Systems: Some systems combine multiple filtration methods, such as carbon and sediment filtration, to provide comprehensive water purification.
- Sediment Filtration: Sediment filters are designed to remove larger particles like sand, silt, and rust from water, ensuring cleaner water for consumption and household use.
Benefits of Water Filtration Services
Water filtration services offer a wide range of benefits that contribute to improved water quality, health, and overall well-being. Some of the specific benefits of water filtration include:
- Removal of Contaminants: Water filtration systems effectively remove a wide range of contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, heavy metals, chemicals, sediment, and chlorine. This ensures that the water you consume and use is cleaner and safer.
- Protection of Appliances: Clean water reduces mineral buildup in appliances like water heaters, dishwashers, and washing machines, extending their lifespan and improving efficiency.
- Cost Savings: Investing in water filtration can reduce the need for purchasing bottled water, which can lead to long-term cost savings. Additionally, it can help prevent plumbing repairs caused by mineral buildup and corrosion.
- Eco-Friendly: Using a water filtration system reduces the consumption of bottled water, which helps decrease plastic waste and the environmental impact associated with bottling and transportation.
When to Repair or Replace Water Filtration System
Deciding whether to repair or replace a water filtration system depends on several factors, including the age of the system, the extent of the issue, the cost of repairs, and the potential benefits of a new system. Consider replacing your water filtration system if your system is facing the following issues:
- Your water filtration system is approaching the end of its expected lifespan.
- Your water filtration system experiences frequent breakdowns or needs significant repairs.
- Your water filtration system uses outdated technology or is in need of upgrades.
- Your water filtration system is malfunctioning after being repaired multiple times.
- Your water quality is still poor after repair.
Water Filtration Contractor
Water filtration systems should always be handled by a professional plumber to ensure proper maintenance, repair, replacement, or installation and guarantee efficient functioning. While some water filtration services such as replacing a filter can be performed easily, some of the more complex whole system services require the expertise of a licensed plumber. Water filtration services performed by a plumber ensure proper installation, customization, and prevention of further damage.