Leak Detection Near You
- Your home has unexplained water damage.
- You’ve noticed increased mold and mildew growth in damp areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
- You’ve noticed wet spots on walls.
- Your home has wet spots on ceilings.
- Ceiling buckling has started to occur.
- Sudden water pooling in yard has occurred in areas that aren’t usually wet.
Leak Detection Services
As a local Florida-based company, Major League Plumbing can understand the fear of leaks, especially with the high levels of moisture and humidity in the state. It is hard enough to maintain a dry home, adding a leak on top of your concerns can be difficult to navigate. Major League Plumbing can diminish those worries with the following leak-detection services:
- Leak inspection
- Water pressure testing
- Dye testing
- Moisture meter testing
- Acoustic leak detection
- Leak documentation
- Leak reporting
- Leak repair
Methods of Leak Detection
The methods of leak detection are performed through a multi-step process. Major League Plumbing professionals are trained to walk through each step to ensure that the leak detection service is thoroughly performed, accurate, and efficient. The leak detection process is as follows:
- Initial Assessment and Communication: The property owner describes any visible signs of leaks, changes in water bills, and other relevant information with the plumber.
- Visual Inspection: The plumber then visually inspects the area where the leak is suspected. The plumber looks for any visible signs of water damage, damp spots, mold, and other indications of leaks.
- Pressure Testing: Pressure testing involves altering the pressure in the plumbing system to identify leaks. Plumbers use pressure gauges and valves to isolate sections of the plumbing and monitor pressure changes over time.
- Acoustic Leak Detection: Plumbers use sensitive listening devices like ground microphones, acoustic sensors, or ultrasonic devices to detect the sound of water escaping from pipes or fittings.
- Moisture Meters: The plumber uses a moisture meter to measure the moisture content of building materials. The higher the moisture meter reading, the higher the chance of a leak.
- Dye Testing: The plumber introduces a non-toxic colored dye into plumbing fixtures or systems. If the dye appears in unexpected places, it indicates a leak.
- Documentation and Reporting: After all the different tests are complete, the plumber will document the results, analyze them, and report the findings to the client.
- Repairs and Resolution: Once the leak is located, the plumber will discuss the best course of action depending on the severity of the leak with the customer.
- Follow-Up Testing: After repairs or replacements are completed, the plumber will perform tests to ensure that the leak has been successfully resolved and no other leaks are present.
Benefits of Leak Detection Services
Leak detection offers several benefits, ranging from preventing water and gas wastage to avoiding potential property damage and health hazards. Here are some key advantages of leak detection:
- Water Conservation: Detecting and repairing leaks promptly helps conserve water, reducing unnecessary water wastage and contributing to environmental sustainability.
- Preventing Property Damage: Leaks, if left undetected, can cause serious damage to walls, floors, ceilings, and other structural components. Timely leak detection minimizes the risk of extensive property damage.
- Cost Savings: Identifying and fixing leaks can lead to significant cost savings, especially when it comes to reducing water bills and avoiding expensive property damage repairs caused by leaks.
- Energy Efficiency: Water leaks, particularly in hot water lines, can lead to increased energy consumption as water heaters work harder to maintain temperature. Fixing leaks improves energy efficiency.
When to Repair or Replace Plumbing With a Leak
Determining whether you should repair a leak or replace the fixture that has the leak involves considerations about cost, age of the area, the extent of damage, and more. Our plumbers at Major League Plumbers can help you make an informed decision when it comes to leak solutions. If your home is experiencing any of the following problems, consider replacing the leaking plumbing fixture rather than attempting repairs:
- There are multiple leaks that are contributing to extensive damage,
- Your plumbing system is nearing its life expectancy or is made of outdated or problematic materials.
- Your plumbing system has experienced many leaks in its lifetime.
- You have health and safety concerns surrounding the leak.
- Your water bills have increased suddenly since you noticed the leak.
- There is visible corrosion or deterioration of the plumbing fixture that is leaking.
Leak Detection Contractor
While you might be able to visibly identify a leak in your home, entrusting a professional plumber can verify the extent of the leak and provide expert advice on how to fix the leak. Through extensive testing and analytical processes a professional can give you an accurate report and breakdown of the leak. Untimely tracking and repairing a leak can further damage your plumbing fixtures and even the structure of your home. With the help of a professional, you can prevent excessive damage and keep your fixtures and home intact.